The second edition of A Comprehensive Textbook of Nutrition and Therapeutic Diets has a flavor of its own, both in scope and content distinctly different from the existing textbooks in the market. The major thrust has been to make the book more student-friendly catering to the recommendations of Indian Nursing Council for undergraduate teaching in Nutrition. This book is not only written for the undergraduate students of nutrition, but is expected to be valuable for all those who need basic training and introductory course in nutrition and dietetics. It is meant to illustrate mainly the general principles of nutrition and diet therapy as well as the practical aspects involved in nutrition; planning and management. Health conscious people with or without a background of science can gain an insight into this interesting subject related to our daily life. Topics have been explained according to the syllabus avoiding unnecessary details as per the requirements and structure of the question paper. Diagrammatic illustrations have been fully incorporated to make the concept clear in a more refined way. All chapters of this second edition are self-contained and serves a dual teaching function to highlight the basic concepts and to relate them to nutritional problems. Each chapter includes introduction, definitions, comprehensive subject matter flowcharts, comprehensive nurses role in planning diet in various diseases and conclusions. Major points have been highlighted and boxed for a quick review or core concepts. Moreover, there are slew of changes that take place in the field of dietetics and nutrition owing to continuous research and innovations in the field of nutrition as well as emerging diseases related to dietary deficiencies. Therefore, the required amendments are made in the content of the book accordingly.
• This book will be helpful to diploma, graduate and postgraduate students.
• It is based on the latest INC recommended syllabus.
• Content is presented with clarity and full of explanation for each topic.
• Illustrates the general principles of nutrition and diet therapy as well as the practical aspects involved in nutrition, planning and management.
• Each chapter includes introduction, definitions, flowcharts, nurse role in planning diet in various diseases and conclusion.
• Major points have been highlighted and boxed for a quick review or core concepts.
• Food value and daily requirement tables are added and revised as per current recommendations.
• Non-nursing person can also make use of this book.
• Revised and updated in accordance to the newer Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) guidelines as well as the National Health Programs and Policies implemented by the government.
• Diagrammatic illustrations have been fully incorporated to make the concept clear in a more refined way.